Re: [Amps] Elecraft W2, nope

To: "audioguy@q.com" <audioguy@q.com>, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Elecraft W2, nope
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 23:03:04 -0500
I don't understand why you would want to use the peak reading function to tune
an amplifier.  The time delay before decay just makes tuning harder and doesn't
really add any value.

I also have an LP-100A and an antenna tuner that is rarely used.  The tuner has
a wattmeter in it that I leave on instantaneous mode and use that to tune the
amp.

If you're using a pecker or some other pulsing device (completely unnecessary,
IMO) an instantaneous reading meter will indicate a bit low, but since you're
tuning for a peak, it doesn't matter.

Al
AB2ZY