Re: [Amps] Plate choke help.

To: "Amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Plate choke help.
From: Bob K6UJ <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:34:12 -0700
Rick,

I also have an Alpha 76.  My plate choke looks like it got hot down close to
the bottom which I think is the high voltage end.  I want to replace mine too.
According to KK5DR in his webpage on the 76      http://www.kk5dr.com/OLD76.pdf
  he says that RF Parts No. RFC-3 is a replacement.  I am ordering one of these
and see
how it works out.  It sells for $25.00 so pretty easy on the wallet, hihi.   On
the caps, I would think the Alpha cap values would be the ones to use for the
coupling and bypass, but I'm no expert,  hopefully one of the amp gurus can
shed some light on it.

Bob
K6UJ