Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State (was) Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tubes vs. Solid State (was) Expert Amps 2K-FA: Any Opinions ?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 02:29:37 -0400
On 4/30/2012 1:22 AM, W2XJ wrote:
> That is why a good automatic antenna tuner should be used.

Agreed, but even then  it takes  a very good as well as fast tuner at
reduced power at least to begin.
It's better to to have an auto tuner that can be set up using an antenna
analyzer.  It remembers the settings for the frequency so when you
change bands it reads the frequency the for the VFO and automatically
sets the tuner so the first time the amp sees power it also sees a less
than 1.1:1 SWR.

73

Roger (K8RI)