Re: [Amps] Fw: Question for new amateur radio operators

To: "Ed" <elh54@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: Question for new amateur radio operators
From: "DAVE WHITE" <mausoptik@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 08:17:46 +0100
I suppose I was quite similar myself, Ed.  I  bought a vaguely working 813
amplifier off someone who'd built a bigger amp, fixed it, then a vaguely
working Heath SB220, then decided to build my own 4-1000A amp, learning
along the way, then a Pi-L continuous coverage 160-10m 3CX3000A7 and now I'm
wondering what next.  I have a couple of 4CX10,000Ds hanging around...

This reflector has proved valuable to me, both looking through the archives
and asking the relevant experts.  I too read W6SAI's books, many of G3RZP's
articles and I also had great advice from people like GW3NWS, W6MTF, G3SEK,
G6ABU, G3ZRS and many others whom I've embarrassingly forgotten.  No-one
starts from a position of knowledge (especially those of us who aren't
professional RF or electronics engineers), we just pick it up over the
years.  We all have to start somewhere and for me, it's the learning (and
sharing) that makes the hobby fun.

But there's no such thing as s daft question .... and asking it doesn't make
you a horse's ass :-)

cheers

Dave G0OIL