Re: [Amps] Need Cushcraft 40M yagi modeling files

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need Cushcraft 40M yagi modeling files
From: "Sam Carpenter" <sam@owenscommunication.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 08:21:42 -0400
I think over on Array Solutions site as it relates to Cal-AV antennas there
is an article modeling most of the different 40 meter beams. I think Jay
wrote it and he may have all of the files. You may have to search the site
from outside as I do not know if the link is there any more. It has been a
while, but I thought it had the cushcraft. BTW, I talked to the guys at
Cal-AV recently. They will still build the full size 40 on the 16' boom. It
is fed with a phasing harness to both elements. It goes wide enough for
almost full band under 2:1 and keeps its gain and F/B pretty much
consistently across the band. Gain and F/B approaches conventional yagi 3L.
Impressive and not so expensive <2.5k. If it is not in the article, it still
may be worth giving Jay a call. I think he has modeled about everything 40.

Sam, N9FUT