Re: [Amps] Alpha PA77 vs 77Dx plate choke?

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha PA77 vs 77Dx plate choke?
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 11:21:13 -0700
That might be the right question.

Starting at the supply end on the 77Dx:
 From the 15uH molded choke, there's .002uF to ground.
At the junction of the 15uH and 90uH chokes, there's .005 total to ground.

Again the two chokes are in series, with the 15uH going to the supply
and the
90uH being the "main" choke.

WRT input from Carl & Paul, I think what I'll do in the short term is
add the additional bypass caps to make it fit the 77Dx schematic, fire
it up and see what happens. The choke is far enough from the tube to
measure temp with a non-contact IR gadget, or if I can't get good
readings I can borrow a thermal imaging camera for a couple of days. ( I
secretly lust for one anyway, but can't justify ~$2K to buy one) If the
chokes or bypass caps get hot enough to worry about after a few 300-watt
AM transmissions then I can consider what to do next.

Thanks to all,
Jim N7CXI