Re: [Amps] New linear Alpha 78

To: jerry@tr2.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New linear Alpha 78
From: Jim Barber <audioguy@q.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 16:23:41 -0700
Jerry,

Welcome to the "old Alphas owners group".
If you think the 78 is heavy, try a 77. Yikes. ;-)

Suggestions:
(1) Put a reverse-biased rectifier diode between collector and emitter
on that transistor switch. You just never know what you're going to hook
it up to next, and relays can have a pretty good inductive kick.

(2) Gently bead-blast the cover, then find a friendly powder-coat shop
that will put wrinkle black on it. $50-$75 would be a good price.

You remind me that I have a 76A that's been waiting for me to put caps
in it for a couple of years now. [sigh]

Congrats and 73,
Jim N7CXI