Re: [Amps] Alpha sez run it on 220

To: <jerry@tr2.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha sez run it on 220
From: "Jim Hargrave" <w5ifp@gvtc.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 09:03:09 -0500
Jerry,

Please check your local electrical code.  You sure don't want to have an
insurance conflict due to non-compliance.

When I built my house, I had an electrician friend assist me in the
electrical rough in. I was told that local area code required a dedicated
breaker for each 220 outlet.

I installed a small auxiliary breaker box in the garage to accommodate my
welder and air compressor. I also have my radio outlets (110/220) on
dedicated breakers. I designed and built the house with all this in
consideration. My Amp and radio outlets are 3-4 feet from the main service
panel. I also ran PVC pipes in the slab and underground to the tower about
100 ft away. These are all hidden in the wall between the radio room and the
garage. I have removable wall panels on the garage side for servicing.

We live in the country and did not have any inspections requirements other
than septic system. We have since been incorporated, so I'm glad I followed
the advise.

    73s de Jim
       W5IFP