Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A owner

To: "Bob Henderson" <bob@5b4agn.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha 87A owner
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 08:05:52 -0400
Like Bob,

I had my 87A in a rack located in a barn... a remote Internet station.  No
HVAC... so the unit experienced freezing temperatures during the winter and
over 100 degrees with high humidity during the summers. It was in those
conditions for ten years.  Worked fine, had a few faults which I think were
reasonable for the operating conditions. I too used RF Concepts for service
and was very satisfied, yes its expensive.  I upgraded because of the cost
of the replacement tubes and the age of the amplifier.  I also have a 1973
Jeep which I keep running but I don't drive it on Rt 95 at 90 mph ;-)

73,
Dave
wa3gin