Re: [Amps] Forms for air wound coils

To: k7fm@teleport.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Forms for air wound coils
From: Gudguyham@aol.com
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 17:36:32 -0400 (EDT)
Ok, that is interesting.  Thanks

In a message dated 7/23/2012 5:28:56 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
k7fm@teleport.com writes:

"Other  than ceramic, can anything else be used as a coil form?"

I just built a  TNT transmitter (Tuned plate Not Tuned grid), using a type
10
tube.   The coil form is 3 oak dowels I turned on my lathe.  The old method

of making these rf proof was to "boil" them in paraffin, but I cheated and
used spar varnish.  I have seen similar forme made using glass.   Cut up a
wine bottle and use that as a coil form.  It will add class  to the rig.

73,  Colin  K7FM