Re: [Amps] Overdrive protection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Overdrive protection
From: "David Jordan" <wa3gin@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 15:48:35 -0400
FYI... from ALPHA's Brad K0HM

From: Alpha9500@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Alpha9500@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Brad
Sent: Friday, July 27, 2012 11:50 AM
To: Alpha9500@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Alpha9500] Radio Spikes

All,

We have received a number of phone calls on the last alpha news letter about
the abuse log and the spikes generated by radios.
Just to clear this up. The abuse log does not log the 2-3ms spikes out of
the radios. We do not start the sample till the amp is keyed about 8-10 ms
later. So please rest assured that the spikes are not being captured on the
log. The same logging is done on the 87A. If you have spikes in your radio
you will be fine for the abuse log. It is more of a tool for us to better
understand amp operation.

73
Brad K0HM