Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF
From: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 21:23:23 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:
On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 22:17:28 -0400, you wrote:

>Haven't seen mention of this.  The website was recently updated.
>Interesting.
>
>http://www.dedicatedrf.com/

REPLY:
I wish them good luck, but I think they're going in the wrong direction.

I don't see a price for the amp but I'll bet it will be breath-takingly
expensive. The two finals are $1390!!

I think there is a market for a simple but rugged amp, manually tuned, no bells
and whistles (no touch screen, are you kidding me?), easily repairable by the
owner and priced lower than anything else on the market.

If someone does it right they'll make a ton of money. Maybe even a kit?

73, Bill W6WRT