Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dedicated RF / tube query
From: Dan Simmonds <info@dedicatedrf.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2012 23:54:12 -0400
Hello Leigh,

Yes - 100% certain on this. I speak with the production people at CPI /
Eimac often on the phone. I also know one of the engineers there. Also,
the packing lists I receive from Eimac with tube shipments states
"Country of Origin: USA".

The rationale was simple really - much of the sheet metal and tube
sockets, etc were designed around the 3CPX800A7, so it would be a big
step backwards to change now - plus I have over 130 new tubes at the
moment. Also my account terms with Eimac limit me to only purchasing the
3CPX800A7 tube factory-direct, so I'd have to pay a higher price from a
dealer to go with the 8877. But I do agree the 8877 is pretty attractive.

Dan KK3AN