Re: [Amps] Al80b

To: "Vic K2VCO" <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Al80b
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2012 11:06:50 -0700
Bingo.  I'd say the same thing.

12:1 SWR is 42% reflected power and most every "wattmeter" in the world
measures a combination of F+R when measuring forward power.  So if it reads
800W, actual forward power is likely 464W (and reflected is 336W).  Happens
with every meter I have.  Bird dedicates a page in their Thruline manuals about
this.

-WB2WIK