Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7/8877 vs el cheapo GS-35B

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A7/8877 vs el cheapo GS-35B
From: "Ulf (SM0NOR)" <ulf@sm0nor.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 17:46:17 +0200
Good point Alex! I started my amp building career with a super designed, fully
protected amp. That amp turned out to be too complicated for a beginner, so I
derated my expectations and quickly built a couple of very simple gi7b/gs35b
amplifies (and even 4x811). I learned a lot, I made some grave mistakes but
never did I destroy these tubes. Now, I'm ready to take on more complicated
projects. A fully protected 2xgu74b is in the works and thanks to the
experimenting with the cheap tubes I feel more confident handling the more
expensive stuff.

Sent from my new iPad