Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A vs el cheapo GS-35B

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 3CX1500A vs el cheapo GS-35B
From: "Randall, Randy" <Randy.Randall@uchealth.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 09:32:37 -0400
The timed replacement is to prevent downtime not to waste money just because
someone else is paying the bill.   Its purpose is to save big money.  Think
about it.  At $2000 a study, 3 per hour (or more) and an average 12 hour
working day = $72,000 per day gross lost if the MRI is down not to mention the
separate loss to the Radiologist who are not making money since there are no
MRI studies to read.  Radiologists get incensed (in about 1 micro second) if
you mess with their income.  I know this from personal experience.  Don't
forget the patient who now has to reschedule their appointment.  The
manufacturer knows where on the tubes failure rate curve that the sweet spot
between replacement cost and downtime exists.  I have worked with Radiology
techs on equipment before and no one wants to hear that any modality is
non-functional if it can be prevented.

Randy E. Randall AB9GO
Network Engineer
UC Health