Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-2 3-500 mod

To: Amps List <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 2K-2 3-500 mod
From: James Durham <jimdur@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 19:24:34 -0400
Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the replies on the Henry.  As always happens, the problem
kind of resolved itself. I borrowed a 3-500 and checked my clearances
for air and found that the 3-500 envelope does not get to its full diameter
as quickly as the 3-400, so there is clearance for air OK. Very good news.

Yes, we are talking bias, not filament voltage. Its been a while, but I am
pretty sure that's a 10 volt zener in there and it is a zener, not a string
of diodes. Its a TO-5.  Like I said, it also has the fuse to protect the plate
meter,
which is not normal for a 2k-2.

As far as the top clearance, with the 3-500 it looks to be close to 3/8 of an
inch.
I will probably have to lower the sockets a bit more.  I need to find some info
on what the clearance should be at 3KV with RF on top.

Thanks for info.  More info is always good.  I thought I would find some info
on the mod by Googling, but came up dry, so thanks!

73
Jim , W2XO