Re: [Amps] [Glowbugs] RE: Information request about high voltage diodes

To: "'Prof. Arnaldo Coro Antich'" <coro@enet.cu>, <amps@contesting.com>, <tetrode@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] [Glowbugs] RE: Information request about high voltage diodes for 2 X 813 amp power supply
From: "Ralph W5JGV" <w5jgv@spectrotek.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 14:22:32 -0500
> Recently got a pair of what seem to be high voltage rectifier diodes
> modules
> They are marked HVPR10-MX12 ... someone told me they were made by
> K2AW , owner of a company named SILICON ALLEY
> I need to know the electrical parameters of them... especially PIV and
> average current rating.

Hello Professor,

I am replying to your on the list because the information may be useful
to some other list members.

I have used those diodes in a power supply that I built some years ago
for a 3 kW industrial amplifier. They were originally manufactured by
General Instruments  Corporation somewhere around 1985. They were
purchased and then resold by various other companies and individuals.

The specifications of the device are as follows:

Peak reverse voltage = 10K V
Maximum average rectified current = 750 mA
Maximum forward peak surge current at 60 Hz = 50 A.
Maximum forward voltage drop = 8.5 V at 750 mA
Maximum reverse leakage current = 10 µA at 5 kV

73,

Ralph  W5JGV - WD2XSH/7