Re: [Amps] Parasitic Resister Value

To: "Bill, W6WRT" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitic Resister Value
From: "Steve Katz" <stevek@jmr.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 20:25:07 -0700
The Measurements 59 is a great GDO, I have one and have since 1966...and it was
used then.

Measurements went under but split into a few different local
operations...Boonton Radio (which later became a division of HP), Boonton
Electronics (which is still around), and many went to ARC (Aircraft Radio
Corporation), all in the Boonton, NJ area.  I lived there and worked for
Boonton Electronics in the 70s; many of our engineers were from Measurements
and really great folks.  Half of them were hams.  My boss was a chief engineer,
Ray W2WCF (now SK).  But all these places were loaded with hams.

Boonton, NJ was a center for such technology for quite a while; possibly
because Bakelite was from there (great insulator in the day), and that spun off
a series of dishware called "Boontonware," which was almost unbreakable.

Good old days.  :-)

WB2WIK