Re: [Amps] $120 tube running a 1500 watt amplifier

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] $120 tube running a 1500 watt amplifier
From: Branko Cehner <branko.cehner@guest.arnes.si>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 16:24:42 +0200

Hi,

If someone is interested I have GS23b (tetrode) with home made
socket and teflon chiney for sale. Also I have GS31b and GS35b triodes
(just conditioned and tested). As I have some other tubes I think
enought for the rest of my ham activity, I can sell them If anyone is
interested on them.

I think the good price's for them are (the prices
are without shipment please check the shipment);

GS23b with socket and
chimney 180$

GS31b - tested, 70$

GS35b - tested, 90$

If someone is
interested I can send the pictures.

I can accept paypall.

vy 73,
Branko

branko.cehner@guest.arnes.si

20.08.2012 16:07, je Carl
napisal

<jerry@tr2.com>
<amps@contesting.com>
> Sent: Monday, August 20, 2012 11:33 AM

Nonsense. That the GS-23B sells on Ebay for 120US$ does not mean that it
costs that price if bought new from the factory. An even cheaper tetrode
tube at the same power level is the GU43B. Reason you find them cheap is
that they were used in military equipment
>> *** In general, I
understand that prices in Russia for *stuff* are about the same as here.
Moscow is now known as the most expensive city in the world. I wonder
exactly how big the surplus stock of these tubes is? I remember when it
seemed like the world war II stuff here was going to last forever. Even
when I got my ham license in 1970it was still plentiful and cheap,
although clean unmodified ham-band ARC5's were getting hard to find.
It's possible (but not yet decided) that I may be going to Russia next
year. If I do, I might try to score some QRO parts. Not that I really
*need* another amp, mind you. My Alpha 78 will probably last the rest of
my ham career. But I just love to build things. And - what do you do
when travelling? I've never been a fan of museums.... - Jerry Kaidor,
KF6VB

> Russian military surplus is best found far away from Moscow.
I wouldnt shop