Re: [Amps] Can some explain this curious eBay auction

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Can some explain this curious eBay auction
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@frontier.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 08:57:07 -0700
I once listed an AM radio on eBay (just like the one in the Waltons TV
series) for a customer.

He wanted $400 for it.

It had mouse turds under the chassis and I mentioned in the listing that the
wiring may be gone as we never checked it.  It did have a beautiful case,
though.

It sold for over $4000.  Within an hour it had hit $2000.  Blew my mind.

All you really need are 2 buyers who REALLY want it.    73
Tom W7WHY

Welcome to the world of "Audiophoolery", where the perception of fact is
above
fact itself. The world of $500 AC Line Cords, Xfmrs wound with Silver Wire
and
other such things. I once saw an ad in Opera News for a Mono Amp with a pair
of 211's (AFAICR), that sat on a chassis hogged out of a block of
solid Aluminum.
The price ... a mere $125,000. Oh, you want Stereo ...

73, Dick, W1KSZ