[Amps] MFJ products

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] MFJ products
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 07:22:16 -0700
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 10:26:27 +0200
From: "Peter Frenning [OZ1PIF]" <peter@frenning.dk>

Subject: Re: [Amps] MFJ products

My 5 cents worth:
I own and use several pieces of MFJ equipment, much of it has been in
daily use for more than 10years:
a MFJ-4245MV SMPS, no RF-hash, and has performed nearly 24/ 7 for
more than 10years
a MFJ-259B antenna analyzer, without a doubt the most useful tool
in my toolbox
I know there are better/more accurate/higher quality analyzers
available now - at vastly higher prices!
this one has been in use for more than 10 years in my shack and
in the field, and when I broke it
(my own fault - reverse polarity) MFJ was very helpful with
repair suggestions
I owned a MFJ-969 tuner for several years - did exactly what it was
supposed to do at a very reasonable price
Various power meters an dummy loads - again they have been
performing exactly as expected.

To conclude: yes corners have been cut here and there, but at the prices
asked you get fair usefulness and many times equipment which few of us
could afford without MFJ supplying it.

--
Vy 73 de OZ1PIF/5Q2M, Peter

##  You obviously have not tried one of their SS HF linear amps..like the
AL-600  or AL-1300.   I defy anybody to get one to run full bore for 5 years
straight.

Jim  VE7RF.