Re: [Amps] AL-80B has developed a loud transformer hum

To: ka4inm@gmail.com, "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] AL-80B has developed a loud transformer hum
From: Mansfield Aubrey <n3bm@finnsfield.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 09:21:00 -0400
Although no bolts or screws were obviously loose apparently there were enough
that were marginally tightened to cause the transformer hum.  I tightened
everything around the transformer (including over tightening and breaking a
bolt that mounts transformer to chassis) and the hum is gone.

Thanks to all that replied.

73,
- Aubrey N3BM