[Amps] Question re GU-74B grid current

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Question re GU-74B grid current
From: "Jim Garland" <4cx250b@muohio.edu>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2012 13:35:36 -0600
Could somebody advise me as to the resting plate current and operating ctrl
grid bias voltage they are using on a GU-74B (plate voltage is 2500V, screen
grid 300V)? Also, does the tube draw grid current? I realize that in AB1, no
grid current should be drawn, but the tube characteristic curves predict
about 15mA grid current at full output (1000W output, 600mA anode current
(per tube) and 250W resting dissipation. I am interesting in what builders
are actually getting, and not information from data or spec sheets.

Tnx and 73,

Jim W8ZR