Re: [Amps] Drake L4B and L7 QSK Board

To: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Drake L4B and L7 QSK Board
From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 13:48:36 -0800
##(VE7RF) But if you only have one amp, and no requirement to calibrate the internal wattmeter, but want QSK, the new board is the ideal ticket. It’s a well designed board, I like it.... and it eliminates the mech clunker.

Thanks!

##(VE7RF) for qsk use, or just fast, quiet vox, I used TWO vac relays, one for the input, and another one for the output.
The reed relay is simply replaced with another vac relay.

True... But, you save $$ and keep the amplifier that much quieter by using a reed relay. Easy enough to drill a hole (or 3 of them) in the bottom of the L4 chassis for wattmeter cal.

You don’t need to run 1500 watts through the relay just to calibrate the wattmeter. There are many other ways.

73
Jim W7RY