Re: [Amps] interesting statement in Dishtronix

To: invertech@frontierisp.net.au (Leigh Turner)
Subject: Re: [Amps] interesting statement in Dishtronix
From: Jerome Kaidor <jerry@tr4.tr2.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:02:14 -0800 (PST)
Leigh Turner wrote:

> Turning on a tube amp and waiting for the heaters to warm up seems like an
> inordinate amount of time when you hear that rare DX station calling CQ; the
> solid-state amp being instantly ready for service!

*** That's one of the main advantages of an old-fashioned 811A linear like the
30L-1.  Flip the switch, and you have full power about a second later.

Running an 'L1 on RTTY seems abusive though.   That's why I obtained my Alpha
78.

A full-legal-limit SS amp would definitely be cool.  Are you using the Freescale
parts?

                         - Jerry, KF6VB