Re: [Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer

To: "'Bill Turner'" <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>, "'Amps'" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Microwave Oven Power Transformer
From: "Alex Eban" <alexeban@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 12:39:25 +0200
Guys:
I'm still using an Amana uwave oven transformer (something in the 1000 Watts
class) which I had for the last 20 years. It feeds a 4-1000 amplifier and
works as well as when it was new!
Sooooo, if you have one give it a try.
Just  keep in mind a slightly bigger box to have spare space for later on!
Alex    4Z5KS
P.S. check that it can withstand its own voltage to ground (core) if you
plan to use a full wave bridge rectifier. I blew on this way.