[Amps] 8877 cathode impedance

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 8877 cathode impedance
From: Steve Bookout <steve@nr4m.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 19:36:21 -0500
Hello all,

Want to re-do the input matching of an old HB 8877 amp.  What should I use for
the cathode impedance when calculating my pi network?  I recall it was
something like 50-60 ohms.

Also, thinking attenuating the drive power AFTER the T/R relay and before the
matching network.  Right now it only takes 22 watts for 1500 out at 4 KV.  A
bit touchy to tune (only been like that for 27 yrs.)  Would be nicer to tune at
60, or so, watts out.  I saw where Henry radio has some attenuators on Ebay
that might fit the bill.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-250-Watt-4-dB-50-ohm-Hybrid-Attenuator-up-2-GHz-/390408415503?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae627a90f

Comments?

73 de Steve, NR4M