Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Vacuum Relay
From: Vic K2VCO <k2vco.vic@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 12:25:18 -0800
I can't suggest a different relay, but I think you should check that there is enough time between the key out circuit closing from your transceiver and the start of RF, as well as making sure that the key out does not open before RF ends. The initial delay should be at least 5 ms. in order to be safe. Relays should last for years, unless they are being damaged by hot switching.