Re: [Amps] Fw: Ten-Tec Centurion Load Capacitance

To: Jim W7RY <w7ry@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Fw: Ten-Tec Centurion Load Capacitance
From: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 05:39:20 -0600
for 160 -- I think it was around 150 or 200 pF.  I have a hunch that
the real problem on 160 is the Q is probably not optimum but I have no
data or other proof.

By the way, if you feel like experimenting, I have heard that
commercially manufactured amps that cover 160, do not always have
filament chokes that are as effective at 160 as they are at HF.  I
have never tried this but I've heard about a trick involving adding a
few ferrite beads, material 31 maybe, on the filament leads between
the choke and the pins.  Might be voodoo but if it passively added
drive that would be nice to know.

73

Rob
K5UJ