Re: [Amps] hf-2500

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] hf-2500
From: "K1TTT" <K1TTT@ARRL.NET>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 13:32:51 +0000
Thanks for all the suggestions, for what the deck is worth I think I'll keep
it and try the rewinding path.

For anyone needing to work on these amps, here are a few links to my repair
and modification records on the 7 of them I have here:

I had to do ps caps on one.. take a look at:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2011%20Maintenance%20and%20Upgrade%20Blog.ashx#hf2500_
popping   This one was also modified to only do 40m-10m because of melting
the low band toroid, it is now the 2nd radio amp on the so2r station.

I also came up with my own replacement for the troublesome open frame relays
when I got tired of cleaning them:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2010-Maintenance-and-Upgrade-Blog.ashx#hf2500relay

Modified a couple of low voltage regulators:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2008%20Maintenance%20and%20Upgrade%20Blog.ashx#hf2500p
owersupplymod

Tried to modify the low band toroid to prevent meltdown on rtty:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2008%20Maintenance%20and%20Upgrade%20Blog.ashx#hf2500m
ods

Gave up and modified one to be single band 80m after melting down the low
band toroid a few times doing rtty:
http://wiki.k1ttt.net/2008%20Maintenance%20and%20Upgrade%20Blog.ashx#hf2500f
or80m

David Robbins K1TTT