[Amps] Henry 3002 help

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Henry 3002 help
From: Donald Fox <taurusshoguy@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 17:48:14 -0800 (PST)
Gentlemen:
I cannot recall if I had sought advice regarding this very nice high power 8877
VHF console, so here goes.

I picked it up some time ago as a project because the price and condition were
excellent. Interestingly, it was set up by Henry as a paging amplifier on
151.995.
My research has indicated that the output section appears to be the same as the
144 mhz version. I have seen 900 watts out with 35 watts input on 146 mhz.
Although the input SWR seems to be good also, I would like to verify proper
input/output resonsance with an SWR analyzer fed into the RF deck with out
voltage applied of course.

Since it was set up as a paging amp outside of the 2 meter band, there was no
low pass output filter to be had with it. I have the schematic for that along
with pics when the time comes.

Any advice to guide me on insuring proper input/output resonance would be
appreciated.
Offlist replies are welcome also.

                                Don   N8ECH