[Amps] Alpha a77s-1 transformer hum

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha a77s-1 transformer hum
From: Rich Hallman - N7TR <rich@n7tr.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 15:11:06 +0000
I just received two new Peter Dahl A77s-1 transformers and installed them last
night.  Both of the transformers have a loud audible hum while transmitting.
Low and high power.  I felt the transformer while transmitting and there is a
bad physical vibration as well creating the hum.  The amps worked fine with the
stock transformer before changing them out for the Peter Dahl.

Anyone else running this transformer and are they seeing the same problem?   I
can't think of any other wiring I need to do since the stock transformer worked
ok.  Should be just a drop in replacement.

Thanks.....Rich. N7TR