[Amps] Commander 2500 Magnum

To: "AMPS Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>, "Art Sellers" <w3tz@arrl.net>
Subject: [Amps] Commander 2500 Magnum
From: "Sellers" <art421@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2013 15:57:07 -0600
I was changing bands during  a contest recently and didn’t put the AMP in stby.
 Well I arced the tune cap.
Nice glob of metal.  I replaced the cap with a new one from Oren Elliott.  All
went till I tried to tune up on
20,15,and 10.  160,80,and 40 work fine, 1500 watts on them all.  On the upper
bands it will only output
500 watts at best.
The final have to RFC chokes, one that covers 160 thru 20 and the other for 15
and 10.  The schematics for this
beast are lacking at the best, built by Palstar, I’m wondering if the 15 and 10
RFC is also enabled on 20, the schematics
show only 15 and 10.  Does anyone have experience with 2500 Magnum and if there
is a way to defeat the HV
and get the control circuits operating so as to test the HV RFC relay?

Art W3TZ