[Amps] Hammond Manufacturing to take over P.W. Dahl

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Hammond Manufacturing to take over P.W. Dahl
From: "Jim Thomson" <jim.thom@telus.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 02:27:38 -0800
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 14:24:50 -0500
From: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Cc: amps@contesting.com
Transformer Line

On 2013-02-15, at 7:01 PM, Paul Christensen wrote:

> Can't think of a better organization to take this on! Seems like a really
> good product line fit.

The Hammond Company is the BEST. That is certainly good news!

OM Fred Hammond---VE3HC---must surely be smiling down from the great big Ham
shack in the sky right about now!

~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI – VE3XZ

##  lets hope hammond builds em right.....and that includes the all important
vac impregnation process that dahl did.
The vac chamber ensured the silicone varnish glop got into the internal
windings and no air bubbles anywhere.  Then
they were baked for hours on end in the kiln.   Once done, you can toss the
completed dahl xfrm into the ocean...
and it will still work.

##  I’m not impressed with hammond plate xfmrs in years gone by.  They have no
clue how to build one.  Low
loss material for the EI plates  doesn’t seem to be in their vocabulary.

##  I see that hammond now makes a lot of their xfmr’s in china.  As long as
you have a QC fellow there on site,
its usually not a problem.

later...... Jim  VE7RF