Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl transformers

To: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Peter Dahl transformers
From: Mike Tubby <mike@tubby.org>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 14:51:36 +0000
On 21/02/2013 23:57, Bill Turner wrote:
> Manfred, in spite of the problems for the homebrewer, I'm still interested
> in switching power supplies for high power amps.
>
> Do you have any schematics or sources of design information for:
>
> 1. A 50 VDC 50 amp supply
> and

Why would you want to build a 50V 50A 2500W supply (other than for the
challenge) when you can buy a HP supply on Ebay for $30-40... just put
"HP 48V 3000W" in to your ebay search ;-)

> 2. A 3000 VDC 1 amp supply?

Now, this would be interesting but at the same time I'm swapping all my
amplifiers out from tubes to BLF578 or MRFE6VP61K25H that need the PSU
from (1) above...

Mike