Re: [Amps] Expert 2K

To: Rob Atkinson <ranchorobbo@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Expert 2K
From: "Joe Giacobello, K2XX" <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Mar 2013 16:15:54 -0500
The amplifier's output antenna connector.

There are six programmable outputs on the 2K. Each can be configured to utilize the internal tuner, if so desired, and to switch to a predetermined antenna for a given band. The band switching can be accomplished based on a band input from the transceiver's CAT port or RF sensing of the input frequency. The port can be switched between one of two transceivers either manually or automatically through RF sensing. Each port can also be configured to change a Steppir to the band corresponding to that selected by the transceiver/amp. The signal for Steppir band selection is generated by the 2K and not the transceiver. (I haven't programmed the amp in a while, but that's what I remember off the top of my head.)

It all has worked flawlessly so far.

73, Joe
K2XX