[Amps] Alpha problems

To: AMPS <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Alpha problems
From: rick darwicki <n6pe@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 08:46:09 -0700 (PDT)
I have solved all my Alpha 76 problems by removing all the internet type
"improvements" and putting it back to the original Alpha schematic except for
replacing the plate choke with an RFC-3. It loads well on all bands without
arcing and into a dummy can do 500W on 10 MHz probably because the choke self
resonance is close to that band. The other bands show 1200-1500 W out so I am
happy. It now also works on the antenna without the weird oscillation.

My copy of the 78 QSK board works well also.

Thanks to all for responses and comments.

Rick, N6PE