Re: [Amps] Source of Mica Caps?

To: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>, "Randall K Martin" <rkmassoc@comcast.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Source of Mica Caps?
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 19:58:58 -0400
I still dont understand the claim made by a few that increasing gain and power output increases stability when hard grounding the grids.

I would take various web sites with a grain of salt and try to seperate the good from bad.

The 115pf caps were chosen by Heath at the end of the SB-220 run and a bulletin suggested changing them. The SB-221 and HL-2200 use the 115pf but Ive replaced with whatever 110 and 120pf I come across in bulk. Ive yet to have instability in a well built and updated SB-220, even on 6M, with the Heath design.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim W7RY" <w7ry@centurytel.net>