Re: [Amps] LDG AT-100AMP

To: "amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] LDG AT-100AMP
From: Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson.tv>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 11:09:03 +0100

> No. But I'm gonna try it. I have one in an amp under construction.

> If its no good, I'll repack it into a robust, weatherproof box or tube
> and stick a 10ft stainless whip out the top and use it as an auto tune
> hf antenna, mounted on the roo bar of my vehicle that I take fishing on
> the beach. ('86 Landcruiser)

> I reckon it will work really well in that application. Iim almost hoping
> that it won't suit the amp. Work some dog xray when the fish ain't bitin'.

> 73, Alek.
> VK6APK

> PS: Wanna know what a roo bar is?
> See
> http://www.google.com.au/search?q=roo+bar&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=RlmsUZm3D6SCiQewzoDQDQ&ved=0CFcQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=728
> and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullbar

03/06/2013 11:05

I believe the AT-100AMP is no longer made, so short of finding old
stock I am told you can use an AT-100PRO auto atu and swap the CPU for
one from a US ham? Then you use the bare board as a "clone" AT-100AMP.
I have e-mailed this ham and asked if the CPU can be used in an
AT-200PRO auto atu so as to allow more than 100 watts drive power. If
not I will probably still have a play with an AT-100AMP clone. Please
let us know how you get along.

--
       Best Regards,
                   Chris