Re: [Amps] Shortwave Returns? [Was: testing the biggest one]

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Shortwave Returns? [Was: testing the biggest one]
From: "qrv@kd4e.com" <qrv@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:47:03 -0400
Given the rush to government-censorship of freedom of speech all
across the world the era of independent Shortwave transmitters
should be returning.

How hard is it to get a license to broadcast on Shortwave, or
perhaps to assume the license of one that has shut down?

. I challenge the same pundits to come up with a superior way to
generate RF power. Maybe in the sun?

REPLY:

How about the Internet? Seriously, the days of super power broadcast
transmitters are coming to a close. WiFi or its equivalent and streaming
content are spelling the doom of broadcasting as we have known it for
decades. We're not there yet, it is on the horizon.

The Internet is too fragile and is at the mercy of the weather and man
made disasters.  While it is working it's great, but nature or vandals
could take out large portions.  We depend on our ISPs, they depend on
the trunklines.

73

Roger (K8RI)

--