Re: [Amps] OTA TV

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] OTA TV
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 18:16:54 -0500
Other than a few digital geeks , no one wanted HDTV.

I will STRONGLY disagree with you on that one, Don. I'm a genuine old fart, and I LOVE DTV, especially HD.

If you are a ham, you are an original geek.
Since you like DTV, you are a Digital Geek... regardless of your esteemed status as an old fart.

With both TV and radio, the the programming has gotten progressively lousier.

No, our demographic is viewed as "out-of-touch" and they program for the GenXes
or younger. Lousy to us equals compelling to the

I find sports a LOT more riveting with an HD signal.
73, Jim K9YC

With our old eyes, I don't disagree... bigger screens needed HD to look as good as a 19 inch analog. Now-days, the hip way to watch TV is via a 5 inch
i-thingamiggy connected to the internet.  Enjoy HDTV as long as you can.

Don W4DNR