[Amps] Command HF2500e

To: "Amplifier Reflector" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Command HF2500e
From: "Joe Barnes" <n4jbk@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 01:27:40 -0400
I have seen 2 flavors of the Command HF2500e both have a 6.9Kva power supply
while one has 3 3cx800’s and the other has 2 8877’s. I know the one with the 3
smaller finals will bury a 5k meter of many flavors ( Bird, Coaxial Dynamics,
Alpha, etc.) but I have no idea what the other one will do. Allegedly they both
have around 3K plate voltage which would seem to be okay for the 800’s but very
weak for the 8877’s can anyone give a guess why one would opt for the other
tubes other than the 25 watt grids?

Thank You and 73, Joe N4JBK