Re: [Amps] Hole Flow

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hole Flow
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 18:52:51 -0500
> I was told years ago that the arrow represented the point in a point
> contact junction. The direction of current flow thing was added later and
> was just coincidence. True or not? Don't really know but I like the story.
> 73, Bill W6WRT

I have never heard it explained any other way! At least not until this
thread.

 From: Bill Turner <dezrat1242@yahoo.com>

> On Wed, 28 Aug 2013 18:03:55 -0600, Jim wrote:
> > but the universal convention is that current in a vacuum tube

>flows the other.way. Sorry, but that's the way it is.
>
> REPLY:
> "Universal"? Sorry, not so. Another mistake.  :-)
> 73, Bill W6WRT

I agree with W6WRT. Heated objects --like cathode filaments-- emit
electrons. I have always understood that the flow of electrons (as shown by
a plate current milliammeter) from the heated cathode to the positive anode
is "current". I'm having trouble wrapping my brain around the other
explanations implying otherwise. But I have an open mind.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com