Re: [Amps] Power output drop

To: amps@contesting.com, Carl <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Power output drop
From: Mike Waters <mikewate@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 16:14:52 -0500
Hello Carl,

Thank you, and you are right about the photos! I'm really sorry about that.
I should delete the old photos before I answer anything else.

The plate choke (From a Gates 1 kW AM BCB transmitter) was like that when I
got it. Of course, that doesn't mean it's not the problem. I did check it
for resonances; it has a very slight resonance at about 2.9 MHz (forget the
details). I am currently only using it on 160.

The coupling capacitors are two ceramic .001/10kV (marked "102M") in
parallel. I didn't use that dinosaur coupling capacitor in the old photos.

The choke bypass is a .002/6kV disc ceramic. It's all I had.

Anyway, have work to do ri9ght now, but I appreciate all the advice!

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com