Re: [Amps] Future of RF AMPS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Future of RF AMPS
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <lists@subich.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 11:48:43 -0400

1200 watts with those services in fine in saturated single
carrier modes (FM, CW, FSK, JT65/JT9) but will be an IMD
nightmare in linear operation (SSB).  I doubt those devices
will be clean above 800W.

There are no specifications for linear service and the new
digital TV designs tend to derate them significantly for
reliability, cooling and linearity.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV