Re: [Amps]  Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp,

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps]  Direct rectification of AC mains to drive the amp,
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:47:45 +0200
Jim,

>In EU, power factor is regulated by electrical codes.<

Do you happen to know under which EU Directive these codes are? it would cost
me $200 to buy what might be the relevant standards.....if they are under the
EMC Directive, they don't apply to homebrew and kits for radio amateurs. If
they aren't, it's likely to be a murky legal situation.

Although I wonder how long we will be able to keep home brew amateur gear and
kits out of the requirements. Still, they have failed to enforce any
requirements on non-amateur radio kits  e.g. model railroad controllers.

73

Peter G3RZP