Re: [Amps] Looking for picture of SB220 interlock switch

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for picture of SB220 interlock switch
From: donroden@hiwaay.net
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 11:39:06 -0600
Quoting Jim Thomson <jim.thom@telus.net>:
The old fella had removed the top lid with the amp
powered on !! He was gonna poke about inside to find the problem. If the safety device was not there,
he woulda be fried.   He had removed the top lid late at night, while tired.

Jim   VE7RF

Education Education Education.

( 1 ) Don't work tired

( 2 ) Don't work alone

Pulling routine maintenance on TV transmitters was always done after midnight and I gave the engineer ( s ) the afternoon off before an all nighter or midnighter . I told them to try to get several hours of sleep before meeting me at the transmitters. I watched them carefully for any signs of inattention or fatigue. We engaged each other in safety and troubleshooting procedures before each step of transmitter repair. Just keeping a conversation going seemed to be the best way to both teach and watch for fatigue.

We never touched the "bad stuff" without a last reconnect of the jumper cables and a voltmeter check. We were dealing with 26KV and I didn't want to have to make a call to their wives at 3AM.

Don W4DNR