[Amps] Alpha 77D amp question

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: [Amps] Alpha 77D amp question
From: Louis Parascondola <gudguyham@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 17:15:45 -0500 (EST)
Anybody have a a 77d dx or sx?  Got one here I am repairing.  Looks like I may
have taken care of the electronic problem and now I have found what seems to be
a mechanical problem..  The turns counter on the front panel has a metal
circular pad with a male cut out for the plastic interface to the vacuum cap.
Then comes the double female plastic interface between the turns counter and
the vacuum variable.  There is quite a large space, at least an 1/8" between
the interface and the counter.  As a result there is no connection to the
vacuum cap and it won't turn.  I am not sure if something is missing or what
but the only way I can get it to work is to press hard against the front panel
so the it pushes the counter closer so it fits in the groove.  I don't see an
adjustment where somehow the space can be taken up.  Maybe the plastic
interface is worn?  Maybe something is missing?  I see no way to pick up the
difference and can't see how it ever worked.  Any help?  Lou