Re: [Amps] Arctic Silver

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq72@gmail.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Arctic Silver
From: peter chadwick <g8on@fsmail.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:40:30 +0100
Steve,

If the copper has been rolled there will have been some work hardening. It
could well be worthwhile annealing it BEFORE doing the final milling. Same as
one does for BMS (Bright Mild Steel)

Annealing copper is easy - get it red hot and then let it cool - or dump in a
bucket of water. Although for tubing, that can lead to water boiling in the
tube and shooting out of the open end.

73

Peter G3RZP

 Message Received: Dec 12 2013, 08:35 AM